Recipe for Swiss Chicken from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Swiss Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuff mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a greased 9 x 13" baking dish
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper
- Top each breast with cheese slice; set aside
- Combine soup and milk, stir until smooth and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with stuffing mix and drizzle with butter.
- Bake chicken for 50 minutes
Source: Sue Steele-Mahaffey, Birmhingham