Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
Recipe card for Creamed Chicken and Biscuits from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Click here to view our other vintage Casserole Recipes.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross-stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group
to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Creamed Chicken and Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add mushrooms, chopped water chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7 baking dish
- Chop the onion
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted
- Stir in onion
- Saute until tender
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese
- Arrange biscuits in a single layer over the top
- Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer
- Serve immediately