Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
Recipe card for Creamed Chicken and Biscuits from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Click here to view our other vintage Casserole Recipes.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Creamed Chicken and Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add mushrooms, chopped water chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7 baking dish
- Chop the onion
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted
- Stir in onion
- Saute until tender
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese
- Arrange biscuits in a single layer over the top
- Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer
- Serve immediately