Recipe for Fruited Chicken Salad from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross-stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group
to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Fruited Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 ounces pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 1 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablesppon Dion mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons reserved juice
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green onion, pineapple, grapes, raisins, apple, and alonds.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, and reserved juice.
- Stir to mix thoroughly, then combine with the chicken mixture until moistened.
- Chill for 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- Serve on lettuce or in a sandwich.