Recipe for Fruited Chicken Salad from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Fruited Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 ounces pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 1 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablesppon Dion mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons reserved juice
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green onion, pineapple, grapes, raisins, apple, and alonds.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, and reserved juice.
- Stir to mix thoroughly, then combine with the chicken mixture until moistened.
- Chill for 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- Serve on lettuce or in a sandwich.