Citrus Chicken and Rice
Recipe for Citrus Chicken and Rice from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Citrus Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- orange slices, sauteed
- Cook chicken in medium non-stick skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Set aside
- In skillet add chicken broth, orange juice, onion, and uncooked rice.
- Heat to a boil
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes
- Return chicken to skillet
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until chicken and rice are done.
- Stir in parsley
- Garnish with sauteed orange slices
Recipe by Ruby M. Stewart of Mobile