Recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) chicken, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine mustard and honey in a small bowl.
- Stir in dill and orange peel
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place chicken, skin side down on the prepared pan.
- Brush sauce on top of chicken; coat well.
- Turn chicken over.
- Gently pull back skin and brush meat with sauce.
- Gently pull the skin back over the sauce.
- Brush skin with the remaining sauce.
- Bake until juices run clear when the thickest portion of meat is pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes.
Make the honey mustard sauce ahead of time as directed in Step 1. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
VARIATION: Give the chicken a wonderful tangy taste by adding 2 tablespoons of orange marmalade to the sauce.