Recipe for Impossible French Apple Pie from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Impossible French Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 cups sliced pared tart apples
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons firm margarine or butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease pie plate, 10 x 1 1/2 inches
- Mix apples and spices turn into plate
- Beat remaining ingredients except Streusel until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater
- Pour into plate
- Sprinkle with streusel
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes