Plum Dessert Cake
Plum Dessert Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Plum Dessert Cake.
Plum Dessert Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Plum Dessert Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Plum Dessert Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Plum Dessert Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Plum Dessert Cake Recipe
If you make this Plum Dessert Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 cup sifted flour ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking pwoder
- 10 to 12 fresh plums
- Combine shortening, sugar, lemon rind & eggs.
- Blend with a mixer on low speed, then increase speed to medium & beat for 20 minutes or until light & creamy.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt together.
- Add to previous mixture, blending at low speed.
- Pour half the batter in greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Cover with halved & pitted plums.
- Pour rest of batter on top, spreading with knife to cover completely.
- Sprinkle top with granulated sugar.
- Bake 350 ° for 45 to 50 min until browned as desired.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.
- It's good plain too.
- Leftover cake is delicious.