- 1/4 pound oleo
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped
- Blend together the oleo, flour, brown sugar, and white sugar
- Save 1/2 cup of the mixture to use later
- Add buttermilk, baking soda, egg, and vanilla to the mixture
- Blend well and pour into greased pan
- Add nuts to the 1/2 cup of saved batter
- Sprinkle batter with nuts over the top of the batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done
Front of the Coffee Cake recipe card with a notation that the recipe is from Helen Hines.
- You can add a teaspoon of vinegar to the milk
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Coffee Cake recipe.
If you make this Coffee Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP003 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP003 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes