Chocolate Sundae Cake
Chocolate Sundae Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Chocolate Sundae Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Chocolate Sundae Cake was with.
Click here to view all of
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Chocolate Sundae Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Chocolate Sundae Cake Recipe
If you make this Chocolate Sundae Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Chocolate Sunday Cake
- 1 package Duncan Hines Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1¼ cups water
- ¼ cup Crisco Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Fudge Sauce (recipe below)
Fudge Sauce (Makes about 2 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate Sundae Cake
- Combine cake mix, water, Crisco Oil and eggs and mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Using 8-inch square or roun dlayer cake pans, bake and cool as directed on the label.
- Spread softened ice cream evenly in a waxed paper lined cake pan (the same size and shape used for the cake).
- Place ice cream in freezer for at least 1 hour, until firm.
- Place ice cream layer between cake layers and return to freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Serve wedges of cake topped with warm Fudge Sauce (recipe below).
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sauce comes to a boil and is thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat; add Crisco Oil and vanilla.