Fresh Tomato Soup
Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe Card Details
Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Fresh Tomato Soup.
Vintage Recipe Box 40 Overview
We THINK Vintage Recipe Box 40 came to us from Iowa (we were not tracking the information when we first started collecting the vintage recipe boxes) and that the original owner had multiple boxes.
This vintage recipe box was produced by Ohio Art. At this time we do not know when the recipe box was sold.
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Fresh Tomato Soup was with. Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 40 recipes and to learn more about the history of the recipes and the recipe box.
Learn more about the History of Food and view the background of dishes and brands, read through recipe roundups, and more.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
If you LOVE vintage items, you can also find unique and fun vintage items on Groupon.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
If you make this Fresh Tomato Soup recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup fo fresh or frozen chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of all purpsoe flour
- 1 cup of water
- 6 medium tomatoes ( Peeled, seeded, and diced )
- 1 tablespoon of minced parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook onion until tender. ( about 10 minutes )
- Stir in flour until blended
- Gradually stir in water
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients except lemon slices; over high heat, heat mixture to boiling
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stiring frequentyl; add more water for desired thickness, if necessary
- Discard bay leaf.
- Serve with lemon slices