Oriental Beef Stew
This recipe for Oriental Beef Stew comes to use from Atlanta, Georgia from the collection in Vintage Recipe Box 350.
Other vintage recipes for you to enjoy:
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Links to find other recipes:
At this time, this is all the information we know about this box, and will update the information if we learn anything new.
Vintage Recipe Box 350 comes to us from Atlanta, Georgia.
Click here to view all the recipes included in Vintage Recipe Box 350.
Click here to view all of the Vintage Recipe Boxes we have published to date from our collection.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group
to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
- 1 1/2 pounds round, sirloin tip, or rump steak
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 ribs celery, cut into thin strips
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced through cap and step
- 1 5 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 3/4 teaspoon powered ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Brown beef in oil
- Remove meat
- Add green pepper, celery, onions, mushrooms, and chestnuts
- Saute for 3 minutes; do not overcook
- Return meat to skillet and cook until done to your satisfaction
- Blend cornstarch with a little water until smooth in a saucepan
- Add remaining water, bouillon cube, ginger, sugar, and soy sauce
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until thick
- Pour over vegetable and meat
- Heat thoroughly