Bibb Lettuce Salad
Bibb Lettuce Salad Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Bibb Lettuce Salad.
Vintage Recipe Box 36
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Bibb Lettuce Salad was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Bibb Lettuce Salad recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Bibb Lettuce Salad Recipe
If you make this Bibb Lettuce Salad recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 heads Bibb lettuce
- Place vinegar, chives, salt, Worcestershire, mustard and pepper in small bowl.
- Gradually add oil, beating constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Refrigerate covered at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on individual plates.
- Pour dressing over salads to coat lightly.