This recipe for Cheese Asparagus Casserole is a newspaper clipping from Vintage Recipe Box 36. At this time we do not know which newspaper it was printed or when.
The original owner notated that this recipe is “fair” on the right-hand side of the recipe card.
Be sure to check out our other published Asparagus Recipes and Casserole Recipes to find your new favorite.
Cheese Asparagus Casserole
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
How to Start Your Own Recipe Box
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Cheese Asparagus Casserole Recipe
If you make this recipe, join our Facebook group and share your experience and photos!!! (Or just any way, we would love to have you!!!)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, cut and steamed, or 2 cans (10½ oz. each) asparagus tips, drained (reserve liquid)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, thinly sliced or grated
- 4 to 6 heaping tablespoons pasteurized process cheese spread
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Salt to taste
- 2½ cups milk or combination of milk and liquid from canned asparagus
- 1½ to 2 cups cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (1 stick) margarine
- Layer asparagus and eggs into casserole coated with margarine.
- In top of double boiler, combine cheese, flour, salt and milk or milk mixture.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring, until sauce is thickened. (If a double boiler is not available, use low heat.)
- Pour sauce over asparagus and eggs.
- Melt margarine in skillet; add crumbs and stir constantly over low heat until crumbs are lightly browned.
- Distribute over top of casserole.
- Bake in 350- to 375-degree oven 30 minutes.
- Let casserole stand 20 minutes before serving.