Hearty Italian Soup
Vintage Recipe Box 95 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Hearty Italian Soup was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 95 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Hearty Italian Soup Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Hearty Italian Soup.
It appears that the recipe is from Duch aka Anne Burton.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Hearty Italian Soup Recipe
If you make this Hearty Italian Soup recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- ½ lb sweet sausage
- ½ lb hot sausage
- 2 peeled & thinly sliced carrots
- ½ lb thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 chopped green pepper
- ½ cup firmly chopped onion
- 1 plus loves garlic - minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth (Swanson's 99% fat free)
- 1 - 28oz can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 t. diced basil
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- ½ cup + 2 T Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in pot - very well.
- Drain well.
- Add everything else.
- Bring to boil & then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with ciabatta ____ - or some ____ french curly hot bread.