Recipe for Chicken Manicotti from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross-stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Chicken Manicotti Recipe
- 1 jar (16 ounce) alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or minced garlic)
- 4 chicken breasts or tenders (1 1/4 pounds), uncooked
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup bail pesto
- Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix pasta sauce, water, and garlic - spread about 1/3 of this (about 1 cup) in an ungreased 9" x 13" glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken (or chicken breasts cut to fit in manicotti shells) with Italian seasoning.
- Stuff manicotti with chicken
- Please shells on pasta sauce in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce evenly over shells, covering completely
- Cover with foil
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until shells are tender
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake uncovered 2-4 minutes longer to melt the cheese
- Sprinkle with tomato
- Serve with pesto