The owner of the recipe box this recipe for Czech Cookies was Phyllis KOBYLINSKI Pollock from West Grove, Pennsylvania / New York.
Phyllis’ mothers family was from Czechoslovakia and her dad was from Poland. So this recipe for Czech Cookies is probably as authentic as you can get.
Serve these Czech cookies on one of these vintage cookie plates.
Front of the Czech Cookies recipe card.
Back of the Czech Cookies recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Czech Cookies recipe.
Czech Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Cream butter gradually
- Add sugar and cream well until light and fluffy
- Add egg yolks and blend well
- Add flour
- Gradually add nuts
- Spoon one half of dough in a greased 8" square pan spreading evenly
- Top with jam
- Cover with remaining batter
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or lightly brown
- Cut in small bars
If you make this Czech Cookies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes
RECIPE BOX RESOURCES
VINTAGE COOKBOOK RESOURCES