Honey Lime and Black Pepper Chicken
Recipe for Honey Lime and Black Pepper Chicken from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
This recipe was from Helen Smith from Birmingham and was published by the Alabama Power company.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Honey Lime and Black Pepper Chicken Recipes
- 12 drumsticks or 6 leg quarters
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- Mix honey, lime juice, vinegar, and mustard together
- Drizzle in olive oil while beating mixture
- Wash chicken and pat dry
- Season with salt on both side
- Pour half of the marinade over chicken and store in the refrigerator for 35 minutes or until chilled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken on a baking sheet or in a casserole pan
- Sprinkle liberally with pepper, covering chicken completely
- ake uncovered for 35 minutes
- Remove from oven and pour remaining marinade over chicken
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown
Helen Smith, Birmingham