Marble Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Marble Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 98
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Marble Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project 98 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Marble Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Marble Cake Recipe
If you make this Marble Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ Squares Rockwood's Premium Baking Chocolate, melted
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt chocoalte in top of double boiler; then let cool.
- Cream butter well and add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs separately, beating after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, then vanilla.
- Pour 2 cups of batter into a greased bread pan 5x8x3.
- To remaining batter combine well cooled melted chocolate.
- Stir very lightly through white batter to give mottled effect.
- Bake in moderate oven.
- Frost with Jiffy Fudge Frosting (See Frostings.)
Bake at: 350°F
Time: 1 hour
Amount: 5x8x3 Cake