Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 98
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project 98 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
If you make this Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 9-oz can crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup soft butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 t. baking powder
- 1 t salt
- ⅓ cup soft shortening (part butter(
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease a square pan, 9x9x1¾ or a 10" skillet.
- Mix undrained pineapple, butter, brown sugar and spread in bottom of pan or skillet.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt into bowl.
- Add shortening, egg, milk, vanilla.
- Beat 2 min, medium speed on mixer or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
- Pour batter over fruit in pan. Bake 45 to 50 min.
- Turn upside down.
- Leave pan over of a min. Whipped cream on top.