Marshmallow Chocolate Cake
Marshmallow Chocolate Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Marshmallow Chocolate Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 98
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Marshmallow Chocolate Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project 98 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Marshmallow Chocolate Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Marshmallow Chocolate Cake Recipe
If you make this Marshmallow Chocolate Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 quartered package (16) Campfire or Angelus marshmallows
- 2 squares chocolate, grated
- ½ cup hot water
- 1½ cups sifted pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt marshmallows and chocolate over water.
- Add hot water, beating to smooth paste.
- Sift pastry flour, measure 1½ cups and re-sift twice with soda and salt.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, whip until creamy.
- Add sour cream; stir until smooth.
- Fold flour mixture gradually into egg mixture.
- Carefully fold in chocolate-marshmallow paste and vanilla.
- Turn batter into 2 layer cake pans and bake 30-35 minutes at 375° F.
- Frost with Chocolate Butter Icing.
Serves 10 to 12.