Lime Chicken Kabobs With Mango Salsa recipe from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Click here to view all of our vintage Chicken Recipes.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross-stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group
to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Lime Chicken Kabobs With Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into wedges
- Preheat grill
- Squeeze juice from 1 lime; cut other into wedges in a bowl, mix mango, red bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon lime juice.
- In a large bowl, stir 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and olive oil. Add chicken and marinate for 10 minutes
- Alternate chicken and vegetables on skewers
- Grill over medium for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees).
Serve with salsa and lime wedges