Wild Rice Chicken Casserole
Recipe for Wild Rice Chicken Casserole from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
The recipe was submitted to the Alambama Power by Thelma Anthony from Fayette, Alabama. We THINK we found her as Thelma HUBBERT Anthony, who was born 24 July 1927 in Alabama and died 24 April 2014 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
Click here to view all of our vintage Casserole Recipes.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Wild Rice Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup oleo
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 6 ounce can slide mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 4 ounce jar pimento, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt oleo in a large skillet or saucepan
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly
- Boil 1 minute
- Add remaining ingredients
- Pour into a greased 9x13x2 inch baking dish
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes
Freezes well Recipe submitted by Thelma Anthony from Fayette. Recipe distributed by the Alabama Power Company.