Baking Powder Biscuits
Vintage Recipe Box 150 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Baking Powder Biscuits was with. Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 150 recipes and to learn more about the history of the recipes and the recipe box.
Learn more about the History of Food and view the background of dishes and brands, read through recipe roundups, and more.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Baking Powder Biscuits.
Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe Card Back
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe
If you make this Baking Powder Biscuits recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 3 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 - 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup milk
- Sift dry ingredients
- Work in shortening with fingers for pastry blender or two knives until like very coarse cornmeal
- Add liquid all at once and stir quickly until the mixture thickens.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board and roll over or pat 1/2 to 1-inch thickness (If a fine grain is desired they should be kneaded for about 1/2 minute.)
- Cut with a floured cutter and place biscuits on a baking pan.
- Allow to stand at room temperature 15 minutes or longer before baking.
- Bake at 425 F for 12 - 15 minutes