Yeast Rolls Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Yeast Rolls.
Vintage Recipe Box 001
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Yeast Rolls was with.
Click here to view all the
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Yeast Rolls recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Yeast Rolls Recipe
If you make this Yeast Rolls recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package yeast
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- Combine the scalded milk, shortening, sugar, and salt
- Allow to cool to lukewarm by adding the water
- Add the yeast and mix well
- Add the egg and blend well
- Add gradually the flour until dough is well blended and soft
- Place in greased bowl and cover
- Store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Shape chilled dough on well-floured board into 18 clover leaf rolls
- Let rise in warm place until double in size (about 1 - 1 1/2 hours)
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) for 20 minutes