Wilted Cucumbers Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Wilted Cucumbers
There is a notation that the recipe is from Goldie and Mother DePue.
- Not to can – table use only = “salad”
- 1 1/2 pounds = 4 – 6 servings
- Can add very thinly sliced Bermuda onions and/or 2 tablespoons or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Or, snip parsley with scissors and scatter over cukes, cool looking garnish
Vintage Recipe Box 004
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Wilted Cucumbers was with.
Click here to read the history of
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Wilted Cucumbers recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Wilted Cucumbers Recipe
If you make this Wilted Cucumbers recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 large or 3 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Shake of Pepper
- Pare, score, and slice cucumbers
- Layer with salt
- Let stand 1/2 hour (or at least 10 minutes)
- Rinse in cold water
- Pour over slices a mixture of the water, sugar, vinegar, and pepper
- Chill 1 - 2 hours or overnight