- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in a saucepan
- Heat to a rolling boil over medium heat
- Remove cover and boil rapidly stirring until small amount of mixture spins a 6" - 8" thread when dropped into cold water (about 242 degrees)
- Beat egg whites stiff and pour hot syrup very slowly into a thin stream into egg whites
- Beat at medium speed and add vanilla during last minute of beating
White Mountain Icing
Front of the White Mountain Icing recipe card.
Back of the White Mountain Icing recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this White Mountain Icing recipe.
If you make this White Mountain Icing recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes