Walnut Cherry Cake
Walnut Cherry Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Walnut Cherry Cake.
Walnut Cherry Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Walnut Cherry Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 98
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Walnut Cherry Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project 98 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Walnut Cherry Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Walnut Cherry Cake Recipe
If you make this Walnut Cherry Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 2 layer pkg. white cake mix
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 (8 oz) frozen whipped topping
- 1 (1 lb 5 oz) can cherry pie filling
- Coarsely chop ¼ cup walnuts. Set aside.
- Chop remainder ____ fine.
- Prepare cake mix as directed, adding vnailla & ¾ cup walnuts.
- Bake in two 9" layer pans.
- Cool 10 min ____ out onto wire racks until cooled & add food cooring into topping.
- Spread a 1" wide long of topping on outer edge of each layer.
- Spoon pie filling in center of each.
- Stack layers on serving plate, spread remaining topping on sides of cake.
- Sprinkle reserved walnuts on cake top.
Makes 12 servings.