- 3 - 4 peaches
- 1/2 cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 grated rind of lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- If fresh peaches are used, peel, pit, and cut into quarters
- If canned peaches are used, drain well and cut into quarters
- Beat shortening to cream it and gradually beat in sugar and grated lemon rind
- Add eggs one at a time and beat each in well
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add the flour mixture to the beaten shortening mixture gradually, beating to make it smooth again
- Have an 8" square on 9" inch cake pan greased pan and dusted with flour
- Pour batter into the pan
- Batter will be seem stiff
- Spread it evenly in a pan and press fruit down into it
- Over the top sprinkle a half a cup of granulated sugar evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes
- Set on to cool
Viennese Peach Cake
Front of the Viennese Peach Cake recipe card.
Back of the Viennese Peach Cake recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Viennese Peach Cake recipe.
If you make this Viennese Peach Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes