Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding
Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding Recipe Card Front
Front of recipe card for Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding.
Vintage Recipe Box 100
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding Recipe
If you make this Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- Uneeda Bakers Vanilla Wafers
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Line pie plate with Vanilla Wafers.
- Mix ¾ cup sugar, flour and salt.
- Add egg yolks slightly beaten and pour on gradually scalded milk.
- Add flavoring and cook fifteen minutes in double boiler, stirring constantly until thickened and then occasionally.
- Into the Wafer-lined plate put a layer of bananas.
- Pour custard over all.
- Whip egg whites stiff, add 2 tbsps. sugar and spread mixture over top of custard.
- Place in a slow oven (325° F) for 15 minutes to brown meringue.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.