Uncle Frank’s Crab Cakes
Vintage Recipe Box 95 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Uncle Frank’s Crab Cakes was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 95 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Uncle Frank’s Crab Cakes Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Uncle Frank’s Crab Cakes.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
You can always find treasures on sites that sell used items such as Vintage Cookbooks on eBay and Vintage Cookbooks on Etsy
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Uncle Frank’s Crab Cakes Recipe
If you make this Uncle Frank’s Crab Cakes recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 3 white bread slices
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes
- Pinch of pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh jump lump crabmeat, drained & picked
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Pulse bread in food processor 6 times or until coarsely crumbled.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl; gently fold in breadcrumbs and crabmeat (being careful not to break up crab).
- Shape mixture into 6 patties; place on a baking sheet.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
Prep: 20 min., Chill: 1 hr.
Cook: 8 min. per batch.