Turkey Pie Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Turkey Pie.
This one comes to our recipe box owner from her friend Dot Naylor.
Turkey Pie Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Turkey Pie.
Vintage Recipe Box 015
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Turkey Pie was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 15 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Turkey Pie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Turkey Pie Recipe
If you make this Turkey Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 cups turkey, cooked and diced
- 2 1/2 cups stuffing from turkey
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh almonds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 10 ounces mixed vegetables, cooked
- 1 pie crust
- Spray 9" x 13" or 8" x *" square pan (if using the larger pan, add more stuffing)
- Melt butter
- Sauce mushrooms for 2 minutes
- Remove mushrooms from butter
- Add flour and salt
- Pour boiling water over cubes
- Add to flour mixture
- Book and stir
- Add half and half until thick
- Stir some flour mixture with egg yolks and add all to flour mixture
- Add sauteed mushroom, turkey, and vegetables
- Pour over dressing
- Roll pastry and cover mixture
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes