Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
If you make this Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 6 cups water
- 1 8-ounce package frozen noodles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 11-ounce can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 9¼-ounce can tuna, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup chopped pimiento
- ¼ cup thinly sliced pitted ripe olives
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In saucepan bring water to boiling; add frozen noodles, stirring till separated.
- Boil rapidly till tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan cook celery and onion in butter till tender.
- Blend in flour; stir in cheese soup.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in tuna, pimiento, olives, and cooked noodles.
- Turn into a 2-quart casserole; top with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.
Microwave cooking directions:
- On range top cook and drain noodles as directed above.
- Meanwhile, in a 1½-quart nonmetal casserole cook celery and onion in butter, covered, in a countertop microwave oven till tender, 3½ to 4 minutes, stirring twice.
- Blend in flour; stir in soup and milk.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, till thickened and bubbly, about 4 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Fold in tuna, pimiento, and cooked noodles.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, till heated through, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir; sprinkle with olives and Parmesan.
Makes 6 servings.