Tuna Cheese Souffle
Tuna Cheese Souffle Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Tuna Cheese Souffle.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Tuna Cheese Souffle was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Tuna Cheese Souffle recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Tuna Cheese Souffle Recipe
If you make this Tuna Cheese Souffle recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 tablespoon oleo
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
- 6 1/2 ounce can tuna, drained and flaked
- Melt the oleo and blend in the flour
- Add the milk slowly and cook stirring until thick
- Add cheese and seasonings and stir until cheese melted
- Beat egg yolks in bowl and stir in the cheese sauce gradually
- Add the tuna
- Beat the egg whites until stiff bu not dry
- Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture
- Pour into greased baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean