Tropic Salad Dessert
Vintage Recipe Box 90 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Tropic Salad Dessert was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Tropic Salad Dessert Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Tropic Salad Dessert.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Tropic Salad Dessert Recipe
If you make this Tropic Salad Dessert recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 1 No. 2½ can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple
- 2 large bananas
- 1 can (12-oz) DEL MONTE Apricot or Peach Nectar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2½ tbsps. unflavored gelatin
- Watercress or other greens
- Drain pineapple well, pouring syrup into 4-cup measure.
- If necessary, add enough water to syrup to make 1½ cups.
- Peel bananas; score lengthwise with fork; slice into syrup.
- Add nectar, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt.
- Soften gelatin in 1 cup water.
- Dissolve over hot water; combine with syrup mixture.
- Spoon bananas out of gelatin-syrup mixture into lightly oiled 9" cake pan, 1¼" deep.
- Let stand till just set; add remaining mixture carefully.
- Chill till firm; unmold on plate; top with 5 to 8 drained pineapple slices.
- Garnish with greens, and maraschino cherries if desired.
Served here with the dressing of mayonnaise mixed with whipped cream and chopped maraschino cherries.