Tomato Crown Meat Loaf
Tomato Crown Meat Loaf Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Tomato Crown Meat Loaf.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Tomato Crown Meat Loaf was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Tomato Crown Meat Loaf recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Tomato Crown Meat Loaf Recipe
If you make this Tomato Crown Meat Loaf recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 pounds meat-loaf combination (ground beef and pork)
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 small can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (¼ cup)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine meats, rolled oats, evaporated milk, egg, onion, parsley, salt, coriander, and pepper in large bowl; mix lightly with fork.
- Shape into a flat loaf, about 6 inches square, in middle of shallow baking pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices, overlapping, on top; sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper; dot with butter or margarine.
- Bake 30 minutes longer, or until meat is well-done.
- Remove to heated serving platter; cut in thick slices through tomatoes.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Makes 6 servings.