Toll House Pie
Recipe for Toll House Pie from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Toll House Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsifted flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Whipped cream or ice cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat eggs till foamy
- Beat in flour, sugar, brown sugar till well blended
- Blend in butter
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chip
- Pour into pie shell
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream