The Dream Cake
The Dream Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for The Dream Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for The Dream Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this The Dream Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
The Dream Cake Recipe
If you make this The Dream Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow, white, or devil's food cake mix
- 1 envelope Dream Whip Topping Mix*
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cold tap water
- *Do not whip: use right from envelope.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl of electric mixer.
- Blend until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 10" tube cake for 15 minutes in the pan (other cake for 10 minutes).
- Then remove from pan and finish cooling on cake rack.
- Frost, glaze, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, or top with fruit, syrup or ice cream.
A Dream Cake can be baked in other size pans, as well:
- in three 8-inch layer pans, bake for 35 minutes;
- in two 9-inch layer pans, bake for 30 minutes;
- in one 13 x 9-inch layer pan, bake for 40 to 45 minutes;
- in cupcake pans, bake for about 20 minutes.
For altitudes above 3,500 feet. Prepare Dream Cake as directed, adding 2 tablespoons flour, using a total of 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, and baking at 375° for about 5 minutes less or until cake tests done.