The Chewy Brownie Cookie
The Chewy Brownie Cookie Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for The Chewy Brownie Cookie.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for The Chewy Brownie Cookie was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this The Chewy Brownie Cookie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
The Chewy Brownie Cookie Recipe
If you make this The Chewy Brownie Cookie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2/3 cup Crisco shortening
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12-oz. pkg.)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine Crisco, light brown sugar, water and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of elec. mixer until well blended.
- Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375°F for 7 to 9 minutes, or until cookies are set.
- Cookies will appear soft and moist - DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes.
- Place sheets of foil on countertop.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely. .