- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 3 6" circles cut from brown paper (parchment)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Sift dry ingredients (sugar, cream of tartar, salt)
- Beat egg whites until very stiff but not dry
- Gradually beat in sugar mixture
- Beat until meringue forms stiff glossy peaks
- Place circles on baking sheet
- Smoothly spread 1/3 of the meringue on each circle
- Bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees
- Turn off oven and leave meringues in closed oven for 1 more hour
- Fold 1/2 cup strawberry preserves into whipped cream
- Spread cream in between meringue layers and around side of cake
- Cover top with last of strawberry preserves
Strawberry Meringue Cake
Front of the Strawberry Meringue Cake recipe card.
Back of the Strawberry Meringue Cake recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Strawberry Meringue Cake recipe.
If you make this Strawberry Meringue Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP007 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP007 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes