Spiced Apple Beef Patties
This recipe for Spiced Apple Beef Patties is interesting with the use of rice and spiced apple rings (are they flat porcupine meatballs?).
Our Vintage Recipe Facebook group recommended serving this recipe over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles with a side dish of vegetables, such as sauteed green beans.
Don’t like smashing burger patties? Use one of these hamburger presses to make “perfect” hamburger patties that are consistent in size to help with all the burgers cooking evenly.
What would you serve this recipe for Spiced Apple Beef Patties with?
Other Vintage Recipes
National Hamburger Day is July 28, click here to view other July Food Holidays.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Links to find other recipes:
Vintage Recipe Box 400 comes to us from Chalfont, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
It is a large white metal box that measures 12” D x 5.5” W x 4” H with a metal tag that says “American Home Menu Maker.” According to my research, the box was sold in multiple colors for $1 and included 212 “basic recipes” for an additional $.50. (See the image below that is an order form to purchase the box.)
At this time we do not know anything about the history of the box.
We do show that this box came to us with another box but at this time we are not sure if they were owned by the same person or the eBay seller grouped them together.
View all the vintage recipes from Vintage Recipe Box 400.
Click here to view all of the Vintage Recipe Boxes we have published to date from our collection.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Click here to view our Vintage Recipe Project Cookbook Library.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Join our Vintage Recipe Project Facebook group
to discuss old recipes and food traditions.
Spiced Apple Beef Patties (VRP 400)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 of a 5 ounce jar spiced apple rings (5 rings)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thoroughly combine meat, rice, and 1/2 cup water, the egg, monosodium glutamate, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Shape into 5 thick patties
- Place in shallow baking pan
- Drain apple rings, reserving 1/2 cup syrup
- Press an apple ring onto each patty
- Bake, uncovered, in a moderate oven (350 F) for 35 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine reserved apple syrup, corn syrup, and lemon juice in a saucepan
- Stire 2 teaspoons water into cornstarch
- Add to syrup mixture
- Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly
- Spoon onto patties
- Bake 5 more minutes