Spice Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Spice Glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Spice Glazed Sweet Potatoes.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Spice Glazed Sweet Potatoes was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Spice Glazed Sweet Potatoes recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Spice Glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
If you make this Spice Glazed Sweet Potatoes recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 lbs. medium-size sweet potatoes
- Boiling water to cover
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Wash sweet potatoes.
- Place in a saucepan, unpeeled, with boiling water to cover and salt.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender.
- The cooking time depends upon the size of the potatoes.
- Cool and remove skins.
- Stud each potatoe with 2 to 3 cloves.
- Arrange in a buttered 19x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (400° F.) 25 minutes.
- Serve with turkey.