Spanish Eggplant Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Spanish Eggplant.
Fortunately, the nibbles the mice left behind didn’t damage the card too much so we can still see what is typed on the recipe card for the ingredients and instructions.
There is a notation that this recipe is from Alice Steele.
Vintage Recipe Box 100
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Spanish Eggplant was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Spanish Eggplant recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Spanish Eggplant Recipe
If you make this Spanish Eggplant recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 fresh eggplant
- 1 med. onion - chopped (or 4 green onions)
- 1 small green pepper - chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 oz. grated cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- ½ pkg. of cornbread dressing mix
- 1 can (14 oz.) stewed tomatoes (may be the kind with onions & peppers)
- 1 cup Fritos
- Peel eggplant, slice or cut in cubes, soak in salt water at least 30 min.
- Cook until tender - then drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp - drain on paper. Pour all but 1 T. grease from skillet.
- Saute green pepper and onion in skillet, then add the tomatoes.
- Simmer, then add the eggplant cornbread dressing and ½ of the cheese.
- Remove from heat - pour in baking dish. May be frozen at this point for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Top with remaining cheese & Fritos and bake for 45 minutes.
- More seasonings, garlic, oregano, etc. may be added.