Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Sour Cream Coffee Cake was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
If you make this Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup oleo, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Great a 9" or 10" tube pan
- In a small bowl combine nuts, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar - set aside
- In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat 1 cup sugar with the oleo until light and fluffy
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda
- Add the flour mixture, vanilla, and sour cream
- Beat at low speed until blended while constantly scraping bowl
- Beat at medium speed for at least 3 minutes
- Spread 1/2 the cake batter in pan
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the nut mixture
- Spread evenly with remaining batter
- Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture
- Bake for 60 - 65 minutes or until cake pulls away from pan
- Cool in pan on wire rack
- Remove cake from pan and cool