Sour Cream Chili Bake
Sour Cream Chili Bake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Sour Cream Chili Bake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Sour Cream Chili Bake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Sour Cream Chili Bake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Sour Cream Chili Bake Recipe
If you make this Sour Cream Chili Bake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 10-ounce can hot enchilada sauce
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp American cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 6-ounce package corn chips
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- ½ cup shredded sharp American cheese (2 ounces)
- In skillet brown ground beef; drain off fat.
- Stir in drained beans, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, the 1 cup shredded cheese, and instant minced onion.
- Set aside 1 cup of the corn chips; coarsely crush remaining chips.
- Stir crushed chips into meat mixture.
- Turn into a 1½-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Spoon sour cream atop casserole; sprinkle with the ½ cup cheese.
- Sprinkle reserved chips around edge of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.