Front of the Smothered Quail recipe card. The type runs of the right side of the card and I think the author picks it up on the next line.
- Dust quail lightly inside and out with salt and pepper
- Roll in flour
- Place in heavy skillet and plenty of butter
- Don't let butter scorch
- Brown quickly and then cover with tight light, reducing heat to simmering temperature
- Continue cooking until tender
- Small quail require about 25 minutes after browned
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Smothered Quail recipe.
If you make this Smothered Quail recipe, please share your photos and comments below!