Skillet Macaroni and Ground Beef
Skillet Macaroni and Ground Beef Recipe Card Front
Front of the Skillet Macaroni and Ground Beef recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 004
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Skillet Macaroni and Ground Beef was with.
Click here to read the history of Vintage Recipe Box 004.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Skillet Macaroni and Ground Beef recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Skillet Macaroni and Ground Beef Recipe
If you make this Skillet Macaroni and Ground Beef recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1/2 - 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 - 1 cup celery, chopped (or use celery soup)
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons mange, chopped
- Brown 1/2 to 1 lb ground beef; sautee 1/4 c to 1 c ch.(opped) celery or use celery soup, 1 onion sliced (1/2 c) + 2 T(ablespoons) ch.(opped) mango (CMS: meaning bell pepper), for color.
- Add: 1 can mushroom or celery soup (CMS: if use celery soup, skip the chopped celery) or 1 can tomato soup and 1 can water, 4 oz. c(an) mushroom pieces, optional. OR, if you don't use the creamed soups, substitute 2 c(ups) thin white sauce and stir into it 1/2 c.(up) grated cheese.
- Cook 2 cups macaroni according to directions. Add to above sauce. (CMS: the beef/soup mixture.)
- Simmer about 15 minutes. Serves 4-6. OR Larger macaroni, meat + sauce in greased casserole, topping with white sauce. Bake in preheated 350 oven 30 minutes.
- Serve with veg., salad + baked apples. (CMS: stove top and oven directions.)