Skillet Chicken in Orange Sauce
Skillet Chicken in Orange Sauce Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Skillet Chicken in Orange Sauce.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Skillet Chicken in Orange Sauce was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Skillet Chicken in Orange Sauce recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Skillet Chicken in Orange Sauce Recipe
If you make this Skillet Chicken in Orange Sauce recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Brown chicken and make sauce beforehand, then finish cooking just before dinner.
- 1 broiler-fryer (about 3 pounds), cut in serving-size pieces
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups orange juice
- ½ cups water
- 2 oranges, pared and sectioned
- Wash chicken pieces; pay dry.
- Brown slowly in butter or margarine in large frying pan; remove from pan and set aside for step 3.
- Blend flour, brown sugar, salt, ginger, and pepper intro drippings in pan; cook, stirring all the time, just until mixture bubbles.
- Stir in orange juice and water slowly; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and boils 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Return chicken to pan; cool.
- Cover and chill until 45 minutes before serving time.
- Reheat just to boiling, then simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Lay orange sections around chicken; continue cooking 15 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with fluffy hot rice seasoned with chopped parsley, if you wish.