Sherbet Cherry Cake
Sherbet Cherry Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the Sherbet Cherry Cake recipe card.
Sherbet Cherry Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the Sherbet Cherry Cake recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Sherbet Cherry Cake was with.
Click here to read the history of Vintage Recipe Box 034 – Lot of Recipes with no box and click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Sherbet Cherry Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
If you make this Sherbet Cherry Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Sherbet Cherry Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lime sherbet, softened
- 1/4 cup Maraschino cherries, chopped
- Red food coloring
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- Red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour 10" angel food tube pan
- In a large bowl, blend the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs until moistened
- Beat for 2 minutes at high speed
- Pour half of the batter evenly into the tube pan
- Divide remaining batter evenly
- Fold lime sherbet into one portion of batter
- Spread evenly over batter in pan
- Fold cherries and food coloring into the remaining batter
- Spread over lime batter
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes
- In a small bowl combine glaze ingredients and heat until smooth
- If the mixture is too thick, add a drop of water one at a time
- Cool the cake upright in pan for 25 minutes then turn out onto plate
- Spoon over cake
- Cool completely