Scotch Shortbread Recipe Card Front
Front of the Scotch Shortbread recipe card.
Scotch Shortbread Recipe Card Back
Back of the Scotch Shortbread recipe card.
I am not sure if I transcribed the content properly around the ungreased pan area.
If you see something different please comment below so I can update the recipe to share with others.
This one doesn’t state the baking temperature but most Scottish shortbread recipes are normally baked at 325 degrees.
I am not sure why the recipe states to cut into shapes and the at the end state to cut the cookies while warm. Anyone?
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this tuna noodle casserole recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
If you make this Scotch Shortbread recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Scotch Shortbread Recipe
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening, soft
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt
- Cream sugar and shortening in a separate bowl
- Add sugar mixture to the flour mixture
- Chill until easy to handle
- On lightly floured board roll cookie dough 1/2 inch thickness
- Cut into shapes
- ___ ungreased cookie sheet
- If preferred pat unchilled dough into 9" x 9" x 2" pan
- Cut while warm