There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Scandanavian Drops was with.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Scandanavian Drops Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Scandanavian Drops.
Scandanavian Drops Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Scandanavian Drops.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Scandanavian Drops Recipe
If you make this Scandanavian Drops recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ¾ cup chopped nuts
- Tart jelly
- Cream butter, blend in sugar, add egg [quick] beating until light.
- Blend in flour & all [dough] into small balls about one [inch] in diameter.
- Slightly beat egg white with a fork.
- Dip cookies in egg white, roll in chopped nuts & place on a greased cookie sheet, making a depression in the center.
- Bake 5 min in a slow oven 300°.
- Remove from oven and press down the center again & continue baking 30 to 35 min.
- Cool slightly & fill the center with jelly, candied cherries or small piece [of] candied apricot or prune may be used.